Thursday, March 28, 2013

2 Emergencies in 1 Week

Had my second emergency today. Over the past few days my front teeth have became very sensitive. I found that my bite blockers had worn down so much that my front top teeth were hitting the brackets on my lower front teeth causing a lot of pain.
Unfortunately because of Easter my orthodontist has limited hours so I had to go to their other location. Their assistant was wonderful! She really took her time with me and asked if I grind my teeth at night. Because I do, she made the bite blockers higher then normal. Almost immediately, the pain in my lower front teeth subsided. In addition, she added some sort of band and clamp to my wire near tooth 31 to prevent it from coming out again.
I learned something very important today. According to the orthodontic assistant, by chewing only on my left side I can cause more wear on those teeth and that I need to practice moving the food around in my mouth.
On a positive note, it looks like my two front teeth are completely uncrossed!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment